Friday, August 29, 2014

Metalic Table Top: IKEA Hack

So I have a confession. I love IKEA. Really, they have adorable stuff for a great price and honestly half of my place is furnished with only IKEA products. Well today I decided to spice up my plane end table I have had from IKEA for about four years now.


You will need:
-IKEA Lack Table
-Spray paint (Metallic or your favorite color)
-Regular Scotch Table
-10-15 Minutes to complete




FIRST:
I am using the IKEA LACK end table that cost $9.99 online or in store.

SECOND:
I took the table apart (this is how the table will originally come when bought. NOTE: You have to build all of the IKEA furniture you buy.) 


THIRD:
Take the table top and just used regular clear scotch tape and put it all around the bottom end of the table top. (NOTE: Once I get back to where I started with the tape I like to make a little tab by folding the tape in it's self. It is easier to take off them)


FOURTH:
Get your metallic spray paint (or any other color you want) and go outside to spray the table top. (NOTE: To avoid spray paint from bleeding/running spray with quick light strokes. You can always add more later.) On a nice day it doesn't take long to dry. Only took mine about 5 minutes. 

(Yes that is my pup in the background. I bet she is thinking oh mom not more spray painting....)

FIFTH:
Attached the legs back on! 



SIXTH:
Enjoy your new end table!





I love it. I also really love how the (faux) wood grain on the Lack table looks when the metallic is on it. I love an industrial, rustic, chic look. If that makes sense....

What would you do to your end table?



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10