Monday, December 30, 2013

Everything You Need To Know About Tweezing Eyebrows

I'm not a big make up/beauty person.  I was always more interested in what outfit I was going to wear for the day and how my hair went with it than what my face looked like. My previous eyebrow history was basically me just going to my hair salon and having them wax my eyebrows or getting my eyebrows threaded (I highly recommend) every once and awhile. Although once I began to stop going to my parents more often and turned into the broke college student I figured I would do them myself. It has been a long journey to say the least. I discovered early on that I have sensitive eyebrows to tweezing and the moment I pluck one I sneeze twice! 
After searching the internet world of information this is everything I found about what to do for your eyebrows from the tweezing them!

Everything you need to know about tweezing eyebrows:

 
QUICK TIP: Before you start sanitize your tweezers and scissors! 
    1.  The more round your face is the sharper the angle of your eyebrows can be. The more defined your face is the smoother and rounder your eyebrows should be. 
    2. Take a make up brush to the side of your nostril and hold straight up. That is where your eyebrow should start. Put a dot or line there on your eyebrow using a different color eyeliner.
    3.  Place make up brush from side of nostril over black pupil and that is where your arch should be. Draw another line or dot.
    4. Place make up brush from nostril over corner of your eye and that is where your eyebrows should end. Draw another line or dot.
    5. Now take eyebrow brush using the comb side, comb eyebrows upward and take cuticle scissors cut the hairs that go up past your eyebrow. Do the same thing downward.
    6. Voila! You have your trimmed and tweezed eyebrows!
QUICK TIPS: To stop from hurting your when tweezing put ice or an ice pack over your eyebrow before you tweez (and after if it really hurts like it does for me) it helps numb and stop the pain. Always tweez eyebrows in the direction then grow which is always up and to the side of your face. Pull the skin tight over your eyebrows, keeping skin taught help reduce pain.  Lastly I heard about, but never personally tried, using baby teething topical medication on your eyebrow.


 Now that is all! Check back tomorrow to see everything I discovered about filling in your eyebrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10